Holy Moly! It’s Day 30, we’ve reached the finish line.
Day 30 -Detox Support Protein & Greens Smoothie
1 Cup of Cucumber
1 Handful of Broccoli Sprouts
1 Apple, Cored
1 Handful of Parsley
1 Lemon, Juiced
1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds
1 Cup Water or Coconut Water
5 Healthy Smoothie Tips:
1. Parsley contains vitamin K, which plays a role in developing the myelin sheath that coats nerve cells.
This coating is important for proper nerve impuse conduction
2. Lemon juice will help pull uric acid from the body, which when accumulated causes gout.
3. Chia seeds are higher in age defying anti-oxidants than blueberries.
4. Cucumbers are high in B vitamins, which will help you to feel more energized. Taking Vitamin B
supplements do not have the same effect, as other nutrients are required in combination with B vitamins
for them to be properly utilized in the body.
5. Broccoli sprouts can be used as a preventative measure against peptic ulcers. They are also part of the cruciferous veggie family, aiding as a detox support for the liver.
Well just because its day 30 doesn’t mean I’m not going to have smoothies anymore. I love smoothies and will continue drinking them. It’s a great way to get some great nutrition in a cup!
What is your favourite smoothie recipe?