Simplified, eating clean means stripping your diet of nutritionally meaningless foods. This means no fatty, fried, processed, sugary stuff. In comes the WHOLE FOODS.
Did you know that eating clean actually means you can EAT MORE??? That’s right. You can eat more on LESS calories. How amazing is that. Who doesn’t love eating??? Umm I do. I love eating and if I can eat more, gosh darnit, I will! Eating things like lean protein (chicken breast, turkey breast, fish, tofu, egg whites etc.), veggies (broccoli, kale, romaine lettuce, green beans etc.), whole grains (quinoa, oatmeal, bulgur, brown rice, etc.), and good fats (almonds, avocado) will keep you fuller, longer.
HOW TO START EATING CLEAN:
- Stop eating anything fried, sugary, and processed
- Start eating a ton more veggies and lean protein
- Eat things in their whole form! Fresh fruits, veggies, real meat (not patties and chicken nuggets)
- Replace refined carbs (like white rice) with whole grains (brown rice, quinoa)
- Drink tons and tons of water to stay hydrated
- Eat 5 times a day. If this is not possible, it is ok to do 3 a day, but just make sure each meal is balanced
- Make and take with you as many meals as you can to not be swayed by temptation