Estancia La Jolla Resort & Spa-A Hacienda Style Hotel

Spread the love
  • 30
  • 343
  • 1.1K
    1.5K
    Shares

The Estancia La Jolla Resort & Spa is nestled between La Jolla and Del Mar. This once equestrian ranch has maintained their Spanish colonized architecture with a modern flair. The 210 guestroom and suites hacienda-style resort feels like you are in a Spanish villa.

Estancia La Jolla Resort and Spa

Estancia La Jolla Resort & Spa -A Hacienda Style Hotel

Checking in was a breeze as we pulled up to the front doors of the resort and were greeted by the valet who took care of our luggage for us while we were quickly checked into our rooms.  The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and immaculately manicured with 10 acres of lush gardens, quiet courtyards, and fireplaces throughout the resort. The rooms are tastefully decorated sun-filled rooms and equipped with plush signature bathrobes, a Keurig, mini-fridge, work desk, flat-screen television and of course wireless internet.

Dining at Estancia La Jolla

Mustangs & Burros

Mustangs & Burros serves Baja-inspired cuisine creating dishes both locally inspired and locally sourced by the culinary team.

Adobe El Restaurante

Adobe El Restaurante is a local San Diego favorite with their decadent breakfast buffet that offers custom omelets to sweet crepes and everything in between.

Trinitas Cellars Wine Bar

Trinitas Cellars Wine Bar is the only Southern California tasting room for the Napa Valley winemaker. In addition to the award-winning wines, the bar serves a wide selection of local craft beer, plus cocktails artfully created with house-made bitters and Estancia’s own private label Single Barrel Jack Daniel’s.

Estancia La Jolla Pool and Spa

Things to Do near Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa

This hotel is perfectly situated away from it all but close enough but yet just a short drive away to local stores and restaurants. You can enjoy your day relaxing by the heated saltwater pool and whirlpool or pamper yourself in the internationally-acclaimed spa.

This is a popular resort for weddings, in fact, there was a wedding during our stay and I can see why they chose this location to celebrate their special day.

Gliderport

La Jolla

SALK INSTITUTE

The resort offers complimentary shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel. Estancia offers easy access to the top sights and recreational activities found in Southern California. If you love to golf then you can tee off at a cliff-top PGA course.  If golf isn’t your thing then hike among the nation’s rarest pine trees or explore some of California’s best beaches.  Just a short drive beyond, world-class attractions like the Salk Institute, Gliderport, La Jolla, San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld guarantee.

The Spanish style architecture and lush grounds give this resort an atmosphere of peaceful calmness. There are so many beautiful nooks throughout the resort where you can enjoy the view in quiet contemplation. This is where Estancia really shines and is different than other bustling hotels. Even their signature poolside cabanas give an air of relaxed luxury which honestly I could spend the whole day at. So If you’re looking for a truly  “unwinding” style getaway in a memorable location, where you can relax and slow down time, then Estancia La Jolla resort and spa should be your first choice.

Estancia La Jolla Resort & Spa -A Hacienda Style Hotel

This post is written in partnership with Estancia La Jolla Resort & Spa. As always, opinions are my own. A huge thanks for a wonderful stay.
Pamper yourself at Estancia La Jolla Resort & Spa. A luxury getaway in La Jolla California  #california #restaurants ***** USA travel | USA destinations | California travel | California destinations | La Jolla | California California restaurants | Where to stay in California | Best California hotels| luxury hotels

16 Comments

1. April 22, 2018 / 11:47 am

Wow La Jolla resorts and spa is definitely a good place to base. The heated saltwater pool and whirlpool is definitely something I am looking forward to.

• April 23, 2018 / 12:43 pm

We had a wonderful stay – I would definitely go back next time we are in La Jolla

2. April 22, 2018 / 2:19 pm

Oooooh, what a lovely place! I want to just relax all day by that beautiful pool. The room looks so posh, and the resort looks so beautiful. A great place to stay – one of those places you don’t even want to leave to explore the area because it’s so nice.

• April 23, 2018 / 12:42 pm

Yes, its so relaxing that you won’t want to leave the resort but there is so much to see in the area

3. April 23, 2018 / 12:37 am

Stunning Diana! La Jolla is the #1 place in the USA I need to see. I’ve a few places on my America bucket list but this town ranks A1. Now I know where to stay when I visit. Magical. I feel its warmth and charm. Thanks for the rocking pictures and fun post.

Ryan

• April 23, 2018 / 12:40 pm

I love La Jolla, I just keep going back. I can see why it is the #1 place in the USA

4. Renata - www.byemyself.com
    April 23, 2018 / 7:25 am

I love La Jolla – it’s so posh and beautiful. And this Hispanic influenced accommodation seems to be perfect for an extended stay – sooo beautiful!

5. April 23, 2018 / 10:42 am

oh Estancia looks so lovely! I love the Spanish style of architecture there. I’m just getting ready to move back to California after living abroad for a long time and La Jolla is on my list of places to visit once I’m back, and I think Estancia just made the list as well!!

• April 23, 2018 / 12:39 pm

I absolutely love La Jolla, one of my favourite spots in California

6. April 24, 2018 / 1:09 am

I am loving this place! That beautiful pool is just the thing I need now in the summers of Bangalore. Such posh rooms and comfortable interiors. Those dining room furniture is so cool!

7. April 24, 2018 / 8:14 pm

The saltwater pool sounds amazing and ughh I could totally use a spa retreat right now. I’ve noticed that a lot of spa retreats are usually a bit tucked away so it’s great that they offer shuttle service. Will have to check this out next time I’m in California!

8. April 24, 2018 / 10:29 pm

The hotel has such a beautiful setting! I always appreciate a hotel offering complimentary shuttle. That saves you all the troubles trying to figure out transportation.

9. April 25, 2018 / 1:42 pm

Loved the Spanish colonial styled architecture of the place! Totally rustic and the villas look so chic with so many green spaces! 🙂 A heated salt water pool is a great option and with views like that, I d rather be put in the resort for many days! Looks like An amazing place to unwind!

10. April 26, 2018 / 4:24 am

I can see why the resort is popular for weddings and events too, the setting is gorgeous! Also, seems like they have a really good collection of restaurants to eat at, which is key for a resort you’re staying in. The swimming pool looks cool, that’s probably where I’d spend most of my time. And the best part is- it’s not too far from the town which means you are not necessarily stuck to the resort, you can always go out and explore.

11. April 26, 2018 / 4:40 pm

Ohhh this hotel looks lovely! And its not too far from LA! I’m always looking for great weekend getaways, and I hadn’t considered this area before. I always set my sights on San Diego! I’d love to check out the wine bar and the spa, in that order lol!