2 113 65
I was so excited to visit Nassau Bahamas with Air Canada Vacations. We only spent one night at The Atlantis but we certainly made sure to make the most of our stay. The Atlantis Resort is located on Paradise Island in Nassau. The Atlantis is literally a playground for your entire family. We had a full day to experience the resort and spent the entire time enjoying all the water activities.
The Atlantis Resort Paradise Island Bahamas
The Atlantis is a very large resort so be prepared to walk (pack your comfy walking shoes). At times when we walked through the casino (yes, there is a casino) I felt like we were in Las Vegas. If you like staying in resorts where you don’t need to leave the property then this one has it all. You really don’t need to leave the resort unless you would like to explore the rest of Nassau (which I would highly recommend that you do).
The Coral at Atlantis
I stayed in the newly renovated Coral at Atlantis. The Coral at Atlantis has a laid-back atmosphere that offers family-friendly accommodations. The Coral rooms are decorated in fresh ocean hues and soft palettes of coral and sandy golds with a beach ambiance. Each Deluxe Room features amenities including either a king-size or two queen beds and full balconies overlooking the grounds, the Atlantis waterscape, or the sparkling blue ocean waters. I stayed in the deluxe room with water views (I was overlooking the marina). I found the Coral rooms to be extremely spacious – big enough for a family of four. It is also the closest to Marina Village.
Activities at The Atlantis
What I love about The Atlantis is that they have something for everyone. You can book your entire family at this resort and guarantee that there is something for everyone. You can choose to simply lounge by one of the pools or have a fun day at the water slides.
Some things included in your stay:
- 11 distinctly different pools
- 18 water slides for all guests
- 14 extraordinary lagoons showcasing 20,000 tropical fish and aquatic animals
- 3 white sand beaches
- 2 river rides with waves and rapids
- Wifi in the rooms and lobbies
- Fitness Center
- Movie Theater with unlimited access
- Casino Lessons
- Shuttle between towers (it’s really that big)
- unlimited local calls
- coffee and tea in rooms
- 2 bottles of water per room per day
Clearly, this is a large resort and you could probably stay here a week and still not see everything. It is wonderful when traveling with your family or large group as with so many things to do I guarantee no one will be bored while on vacation.
Visitors will get an incredible opportunity to explore the extraordinary collection of marine habitats and marine exhibits—lagoons, caves, coral formations and breathtaking underwater ruins that are designed to showcase exotic marine life ranging from sharks to rays, barracuda, piranha, eels and even endangered alligator gar. Atlantis, Paradise Island is home to the largest open-air marine habitat in the world… encompassing 14 lagoons, eight million gallons of ocean water and more than 50,000 aquatic animals representing over 250 marine species.
A – Cenote
B – Estuary Lagoon
C – Reef Lagoon
D – Hibiscus Lagoon
E – Seagrapes Lagoon
F – Stingray Lagoon
G – Water’s Edge Lagoon
H – Predator Lagoon
I – The Dig & Ruins Lagoon
J- Royal Ray Lagoon
K – Mayan Shark Lagoon
L – Dolphin Cay
Did you know that 169 million gallons of seawater circulates through the Atlantis animal exhibits every day?
Day passes are available for purchase for non-Atlantis guests to access the Atlantis waterscape, Dolphin Cay, marine habitat, and beaches. The passes are only available to guests of their established partners and Bahamian residents and can be purchased – on a limited basis – at the Atlantis Adventures desk located at the clock tower in front of The Coral. Day passes to Aquaventure, marine habitat, and beaches are complimentary for guests of Comfort Suites Paradise Island and One&Only Ocean Club Resort Bahamas.
We only had one day to enjoy the Atlantis so we took full advantage of the famous waterpark and ran around the park trying every water slide.
This huge water playground includes 18 water slides, 11 pools, 14 lagoons, 3 white-sand beaches, and two river rides. We had an amazing time, I honestly didn’t think I would enjoy it as much as I did. Give yourself permission to be a kid and enjoy the rides as the Aquaenture is great fun for kids and adults alike.
Aquaventure, Atlantis Paradise Island’s water park, is a one-of-a-kind, 141-acre waterscape. This aquatic playground features over twenty million gallons of water, a mile-long river ride with rolling rapids and wave surges, 20 swimming areas, a spectacular kids water-play fort and 11 refreshing swimming pools. This is the largest water park in the Caribbean.
Helpful Tip: Riders must be 48 inches tall to ride water slides.
– Wristbands are required and can be obtained at any outdoor “Towel Hut” within Aquaventure.
– Life jackets are provided free of charge.
– Sandals or water shoes are strongly recommended – the Carribean sunshine heats-up the pathways.
– You will need (and want) more than a day to enjoy the waterpark
– Lockers are available for daily rental at the Aquaventure Hospitality Center to secure personal items.
Dining at The Atlantis
Atlantis features 21 restaurants and 19 bars and lounges offering everything from fine dining to quick-and-easy favorites. Grab a quick bite poolside, indulge in creative, Bahamian dishes, endless buffets, beach front dinners or enjoy family-style meals. Dining reservations are required for all fine dining and à la carte options.
Meals & Beverage plans
Two Course Value Casual Dining Plan (CDP)
- Breakfast featuring a choice of up to 2 restaurants (subject to change without notice in an event of a restaurant closure)
- Dinner daily 2-course meals) featuring a choice of up to 7 selected restaurants (subject to change without notice in an event of a restaurant closure)
- Coffee, tea, milk, fountain sodas and juices
- Valid for travel now to January 1, 2019
- 15% mandatory gratuities and 7.5% VAT included
Not included in CDP: Lunch, room service, Mini-bar, Alcoholic drinks and select non-alcoholic drinks
Terms & Conditions
- All guests sharing a room on a dining plan must dine together and purchase the same dining plan, same time and same restaurant
- Children 11 years and under must order from Kid’s menu at all venues where kid’s menu are offered, others wise they will be charged full adult rate from the adult menu
- Reservation is required for some restaurant, recommended to be made in advance by contacting the hotel.
- Dining plan does not include kosher meals, bottled water, canned or bottled beverages or sport drinks
- Dining attire guidelines exist for all restaurants
European Plan (EP)
- No meals included
- Aquaventure Waterpark
- 20 swimming areas and 11 marine habitats
- Access to Dolphin Cay Education Center
- Complimentary movies in the Atlantis theatre
- Gaming lessons in the Casino
- Internet in the library (15 minutes per day)
- Shuttle throughout resort
Helpful Tip: Food at the resort can be expensive, so be sure to factor in at least $100 per person per day for food!
You can’t forget the 5 miles of white-sand beaches and Caribbean views. I got up super early to try to catch the beautiful sunrise while I strolled along this beautiful beach. The Bahamas has some of the most beautiful beaches with white-sand and crystal-blue waters. The Atlantis has three beaches available to guests. There is the Cove Beach, Paradise Lagoon and Atlantis Beach.
Marina Village next to Atlantis is a great place to shop. They have over 20 designer and retail shops plus dining options ranging from casual, fine dining and grab-and-g0-meals and let’s not forget the Starbucks. I loved strolling around the village with such vibrant colored buildings.
Other Hotel Offerings in Nassau
Air Canada Vacations’ hotel offering in Nassau includes:
· The Coral at Atlantis (Our host hotel in Nassau)
· The Beach at Atlantis
· The Cove Atlantis
· The Reef Atlantis
· The Royal at Atlantis
· Bay View Suites Paradise Island
· Breezes Bahamas
· British Colonial Hilton
· Comfort Suites Paradise Island
· Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
· Graycliff Hotel and Restaurant
· Melia Nassau Beach – All Inclusive
· Sandal Royal Bahamian
· Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas
You May Also Enjoy: TRAVEL GUIDE TO THE EXUMAS BAHAMAS
AIR CANADA VACATIONS PROMO CODE
Use Promo Code BAHAMAS102 at checkout on AirCanadaVacations.com to save $102 per booking to the Bahamas! The Promo Code is valid until July 31, but for travel from July 1 – April 30, 2019!
Here is the fine print: Promo code is valid on bookings made online only between June 7 and July 31, 2018 11:59 p.m. ET, for travel between July 1, 2018 and April 30, 2019, for Flight and Hotel packages to Bahamas. Value of $102 per booking. Promo code BAHAMAS102 must be applied online at aircanadavacations.com for the discount to be applied. Not applicable to group bookings. Offer not combinable with other promo codes, and is not combinable with other discounted packages. Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date indicated. Your promotion code may not be distributed or sold, or otherwise used for commercial or personal gain, other than for the purpose for which it is intended. Air Canada reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion code at our discretion. Any violation of these conditions may be subject to cancellation of any booking made using this promotion code, and/or to any legal or other recourse available for the recovery of damages suffered or costs, expenses or loss incurred as a result of such prohibited use.