Day 22 – Blackberry Basil Smoothie
- 1 Cup Frozen Blackberries
- 1 small handful of Cilantro or (I used cilantro)
- 3-6 Leaves of Basil
- ¼ Avocado
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds
- 1 handful of Greens
- 1 Cup Water or Coconut Water
- I added a Tsp of Maca
1. Blackberries are rich in ellagic acid, an important compound for skin health.
2. Cilantro has been shown to have anti-anxiety effects.
3. Basil is high in magnesium, a mineral that is crucial for the relaxing of blood vessels.
4. Avocado contains mono-unsaturated fats, which have been shown to help control blood sugar levels.
5. Hemp seeds are a great source of iron, a mineral important for red blood cell formation and function.
Have a rawesome day!!