I love the color of today’s smoothie………so vibrant and it was so refreshing!! My husband was looking at me like I had two heads……you’re putting cilantro in your smoothie?????? It gives it that nice refreshing kick.
Pineapple Cilantro Cleanse Smoothie
1 Cup of Fresh or Frozen Pineapple
1 Handful of Cilantro
1 Rib of Celery
1 Cup of Water
1 tbsp. Chia or Hemp Seeds (I used Hemp hearts)
1 tsp. Spirulina *optional (I didn’t use spiruina)
5 Smoothie Health Tips:
1. Pineapple is high in manganese, which is important for building strong bones.
2. Cilantro is a heavy metal chelator, meaning it will help to draw heavy metals out of the body.
3. Celery contains potassium, which is important for the pumping of the heart.
4. Chia seeds contain omega 3 fatty acids, which can help to fight pain and inflammation in the body.
5. Spirulina contains all essential amino acids, and is a complete protein.