As you know, I have been eliminating toxins from my home. It is overwhelming and scary what is in our everyday products that we use. If you are trying to go toxic free try swapping one product a week. Start with your toothpaste……you do know that toxins are absorbed under your tongue within seconds???? Here is the toothpaste I have been using. It is Toxic FREE!! I bought it in January and I still have half a bottle left. I noticed that my mouth feels cleaner and fresher. Colgate toothpaste would make my mouth dry and give me bad breath.
Toxic Free Toothpaste:
“It is alarming to know that many major brands of skin care and personal care products contain petrochemicals in them. Even brands that are advertised as “natural” may also contain some petrochemicals.
“Many of these petrochemicals are known and scientifically proven to be toxic,” according to the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics website. “They can cause eye impairment, intestinal damage, kidney and liver problems, breathing problems, cysts, spots, rashes, premature aging and hair loss. Some are endocrine disruptors (that can cause hormonal disruptions and produce adverse developmental, reproductive, neurological, and immune effects), and some even carcinogenic (that can cause cancer, and in particular breast cancer)”.
Below is a list of the most common petrochemicals used in personal care products. Consumers should carefully read the ingredient labels on the products and be fully aware of what goes in it.:
– Propylene Glycol, Petrolatum, paraffin, Mineral oil, Anything with Methyl, Propyl, Butyl prefix. benzene, toluene.
– PolyEthylene Glycol or PEG family, PEG-100 Stearate, PEG-8, PEG-80, Cocoate, Peroleate andPEG 15 Soyamide/IPDI Copolymer.
– Diethanolamine (DEA) and Triethanolamine (TEA) family: Lauramide DEA, Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, DEA- Cetyl Phosphate, DEA Oleth-3 Phosphate, Linoleamide MEA, Myristamide DEA, Stearamide MEA, and TEA-Lauryl Sulfate.
– Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben and Butylparaben preservatives.
– Carbomer & Carbopol – petroleum derived thickeners.
– Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Lauryl Glucoside, Coco-Betaine, are all made using petrochemicals.
I ditched my body wash, shampoo in conditioner for Toxic Free items. Imagine the chemical stew that is happening in your shower and that is being absorbed into your pores.
I have been using these Toxic Free products and just love them. Both my daughters have sensitive skin and we have already noticed a huge difference in their skin. No longer dry patchy skin and no more breakouts.
With a name like “Tide Free & Gentle,” I trust this detergent to be safe. But it turns out that this popular product is hiding a nasty secret.
Test results in our recent report, Dirty Secrets, revealed high levels of a cancer-causing chemical called 1,4-dioxane hiding out in Tide Free & Gentle.
What’s most appalling is that Tide Free & Gentle is marketed to moms as a healthier choice for their children’s laundry. Yet, infants and children are more vulnerable to chemical exposures because their immune, neurological, and hormone systems are still developing.”
My youngest daughter, no matter what detergent I used she was always itchy. I finally found a toxic free laundry detergent that doesn’t cause my daughters skin to be itchy and I love that a cap full does an entire load of laundry.
Tuesday 12th of March 2013
I love this post!!! Awesome! And I love Essante products!
Tuesday 12th of March 2013