I am not sure how I even came across this slutty brownies recipe but as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make it. Okay, so it isn’t the healthiest of recipes but it’s all about balance, am I right? I will have to see how I can make this into a less slutty brownies recipe and make it somewhat healthier or at least glute-free. These brownies are definitely sinful but oh so good.
What are Slutty Brownies?
The slutty brownies are made of a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough on the bottom, followed by a layer of Oreo cookies and topped with brownie batter. If you think it sounds decadent, wait until you sink your teeth into it. The original recipe started by Amanda that was first called a cookie, oreo brownie got renamed a slutty brownie on the internet.
What is there not to love about brownies? Well, I guess if you don’t like chocolate then you probably won’t like brownies. I didn’t think these would be so addicting, try stopping at just one. Don’t turn your back as these will quickly disappear. You might have to stash one somewhere before they all disappear.
Slutty Brownies Recipe Ingredients
There are three layers for slutty brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough- there is a recipe below or you can buy a premade one
- Oreo’s- I use the regular Oreo’s
- Brownies- I love this brownie recipe. It is chewy yet so decadent. Of course, if you want to cut corners you can always use a boxed brownie mix.
The super easy version, what really makes them easy and quick. Use a pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough, followed by a layer of Oreo’s then topped with a pre-made brownie dough. Super easy.
Thick and delicious slutty brownies will be your new favorite dessert bar recipe. Made up of a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreo cookies, and brownie batter these bars are everyone’s favorite!
Slutty Brownies Recipe – Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Ingredients
Here is a quick chocolate chip cookie layer recipe for the first layer of the decadent slutty brownies. Of course, you can always buy pre-made cookie dough.
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsalted melted butter
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 20 Oreo Cookies
Slutty Brownies Recipe – Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 square pan with foil or parchment paper and make sure that it overhangs over the edges so you can pull the brownies out. Grease the parchment or foil heavily.
- Add the melted butter and sugars and mix in a large bowl until fully incorporated. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and whisk or stir until fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Before it is completely combined, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the 9×9 prepared pan then top with the Oreos in an even layer on top of the cookie dough.
Slutty Brownies Recipe – Orea Layer
Slutty Brownies Recipe Brownie Layer Ingredients
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder (I like Ghirardelli Cocoa Powder)
- ⅓ cup vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 room temperature Large Egg Yolk + 1 Large Egg
- ⅛ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
Slutty Brownies Recipe Brownie Layer Instructions
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together, the mixture will look weird and not liquidy enough, that is fine. Then add the oil and vanilla extract. Cook on low an additional minute and mix to combine everything.
- Take off of heat, let sit for 5 minutes then add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just before there are no flour streaks add your chocolate chunks/ chips. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour the brownie batter evenly over the Oreo layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting. This is a must, let teh brownies cool a minimum of 2 hours before attempting to cut. Store the brownies in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES:
- Vanillekipferl cookies German Crescent cookies
- Dalmatian Fig Tart
- Beet Hummus
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken – pairs perfectly with this dessert
- Italian Tiramisu Recipe – this dessert will transport you to Italy
- How to Make Sourdough Starter – this is the sourdough starter I used to make this bread
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free) are easy to make and are great for people with nut allergies.
- Greek Orange Pie is so refreshing and takes me back to my time in Greece.
- Easy Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten-Free) are super easy to make and are low carb and delicious.
- Baked Gluten-Free Donuts are great when you are craving a donut without all the sugar and gluten.
- Gluten-Free Bread Recipes there are 31 gluten-free bread recipes to help you start baking
- No-Knead Sourdough Bread Recipe – the easiest bread recipe