Heading to Florida and looking for the best things to do in Naples Florida? Naples Florida is a sophisticated and cultured destination on the Gulf of Mexico, along Florida’s southwest Paradise Coast. This popular tourist destination is laden with spectacular nature, blue skies, calm seas, and an abundance of diversity! You’ll find adventure all around, on land and water.
Disclosure: This free article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me continue to provide helpful, free content for you.
It’s a great vacation destination boasting delightful natural wonders, playful dolphins, and relaxing luxury resorts and spas to unwind after a day of outdoor adventure! We have tried to keep this piece of paradise our little secret but I guess our secret is out of the bag.
- ✈️ Find the best flights with Sky Scanner
- 💸 Get reliable travel insurance from World Nomads
- 🏨 Find the best accommodations on Booking.com
- 🧔🏻 If you’d like a tour guide, here’s an awesome Dolphin Boat Tour
- ⛵ If you love the Sunsets, join this Sunset Cruise from Naples
- 🐊 If you love adventure, book your Everglades Airboat Tour
- 🚗 To rent a car to visit places around Florida, get great deals on Auto Europe
- 👟 A great pair of comfy shoes are always a must
- 🎒 Pack an anti-theft backpack, a universal adapter, and a power bank
- 📚 Read Fodor’s Florida and Moon: Florida Gulf Coast
- 🏖️ Read more about The Best Beaches in Naples
Things to do in Naples Fl
Are you heading to Naples, FL for a weekend away or spring break? Looking for things to do in Naples. Florida this weekend? Or trying to find the best Naples FL attractions and activities for your next family vacation? This guide has you covered! Make sure to check out the top beaches in Naples Florida.
Read on to find out the best things to do in the coastal paradise of Naples, Florida, for any type of vacation or traveler!
The Best Things to do in Naples, FL
Naples is defined by palm tree-lined avenues along the scenic paradise coast with a glitzy and glamorous reputation. The affluent city is characterized by exclusive resorts and an endless shopping scene, held perfectly between the azure waters of the Gulf of Mexico and the untamed wilderness of the Everglades!
You’ll find an abundance of things to do in Naples. Florida, from complete romance and luxury to outdoor adventure with a laid-back beach atmosphere. These are some of the absolute best Naples things to do!
How to Get to Naples, Fl
The easiest way to get to Naples, Florida is to land at Fort Myers International Airport. There are usually direct flights into Southwest Florida International Airport in Fort Myers, a 45-minute drive from Naples Fl. Although FortyMyers airport is my first choice, we will scour the internet looking for the best flight deals. It may be worth even flying into Fort Lauderdale or Miami airport.
For flights, I like to use Google Flights or Skyscanner to find the best deals on flights. These search engines compare millions of options from airlines and travel agents. Click here to find the best flight deal!
How to Get Around Naples, Florida
To get around Naples Fl, you will need a car as everything is so spread out.
The drive alone from Fort Myers airport is 45 minutes. To get around we always rent a car when we travel to the United States. It is the easiest and most affordable way to get around. We love booking our cars with Auto Europe as we find they always have the best rates.
Where to Stay in Naples, Florida
You have a wide range of accommodation options in Naples Florida. Whether you are looking to stay in a luxury resort or a budget-friendly option, most people will find it is easy to find accommodations to fit their needs.
For hotels, I always use Booking.com, as you will notice in my recommendations below. I love them as they always have the best prices on hotels.
Here are some of our favorite places to stay in Naples . Florida:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Naples Fl –This glitzy hotel features almost 5 km of beach, 2 outdoor pools, a spa, and a
- Naples Grande Beach Resort -Offering 3 outdoor swimming pools, a fitness center, and free WiFi access, Naples Grande Beach Resort is located on 23 waterfront acres of Florida’s Paradise Coast in Naples, Fl. Location:475 Seagate Drive, Pelican Bay, Naples, FL 34103 . Check rates and more details.
- Inn On Fifth – Located in Naples city center, this Florida hotel is Mediterranean-inspired and offers guests access to a full-service spa. Guests can also enjoy cable TV and seating areas in each room. Location:699 Fifth Avenue South, Naples, Florida 34102 Check for rates and more details.
- Inn at Pelican Bay – This 4-star boutique Naples, Florida hotel is 1 mi from Vanderbilt Beach and across the street from Mercato Shops, which offers a movie theater, restaurants, and shopping. The hotel provides breakfast, WiFi, and transportation to the beach. Guests can take a refreshing plunge in the outdoor heated pool or relax by the fire pit. Location:800 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Pelican Bay, Naples, FL 34108. Check for rates and more details.
- Edgewater Beach Hotel – this beachfront resort features an on-site restaurant. Free Wi-Fi access is provided. Hotel and Golf Club is just under 1.6 km away. Location:1901 Gulf Shore Boulevard North, Naples, FL 34102 Check for rates and more details.
- Bellasera Resort – Drawing its spirit and inspiration from the villages of Tuscany, Bellasera Resort in Naples is located at the gateway to 5th Avenue South, famous for its galleries, boutiques, and restaurants. Guests of Bellasera Resort can enjoy on-site luxury cabanas, a heated outdoor pool, and a fitness center all within an authentic Italian setting. Concierge services are provided. Location:221 Ninth Street South, Naples, FL 34102 Check for rates and more details.
There are so many different options that will fit every budget so you can enjoy Naples Fl. Find the best option for your visit. If you are looking for nightlife then stay in Old Naples on 5th Avenue. If you want a more laid back getaway, then a stay closer to the beach or a resort with a tropical pool may be your best bet. If you are looking to save some money then traveling during the off-season you will see great savings.
Where to Eat in Naples, Florida
Naples has some of the best restaurants in Southwest Florida and a huge culinary scene! Expect loads of Italian restaurants and some fresh coastal seafood houses.
Downtown Florida is where you’ll find lively sidewalk cafes and bistros, as well as bars and speakeasies with live entertainment! Many of the old pubs and restaurants are housed in character-filled historic buildings from the 1800s.
There are also many top-class eateries in the various resorts and shopping centers. Overall, Florida has a wealth of options with high-quality service.
If you’re looking for something a bit different, on Naples’ outskirts lie the Florida Everglades and Ten Thousand Islands. Here you’ll find a range of foods with menus that include fried frog legs, mullet, catfish, fried alligator, stone crab, grouper and many more weird and wonderful culinary delights if you’re in an adventurous mood!
The beauty of Naples is its diverse range of things to do and places to eat that makes it able to cater to such a spread of vacationers with all sorts of varying tastes!
Favorite Naples Restaurants
- Coast Restaurant at Edgewater Beach Hotel – This amazing Coast restaurant has a spectacular view overlooking the resort pool and the white sandy beach and blue waters of the gulf. We ate from their al fresco menu and it was divine!
- Campiello – This fine-dining restaurant represents luxury and culinary art with a focus on Tuscany-inspired meals. The beautiful interior has a glass atrium ceiling and the two courtyards offer a vibrant setting for pre-dinner drinks!
- Caffe Milano – A casual Italian restaurant serving pizza, pasta, sandwiches & cocktails in a modern space.
- BHA! BHA! Persian Bistro – This is a popular restaurant located along 5th Avenue in Old Naples. It offers some of the best Persian specialties such as kebabs & duck fesenjān.
- Osteria Tulia – A popular restaurant that is known for its classic Italian cuisine & fine wines in a rustic-chic farmhouse ambiance.
- True Food Kitchen – A relaxed, eco-chic chain that serves health-conscious fare, including vegan options. We love eating here. Visit early as it is a popular restaurant.
- BrickTop’s – an upscale chain serving gourmet New American dishes in a stylish, contemporary setting.
- BRAVO! – an upscale-casual Italian chain serving pasta, grilled dishes, pizza & cocktails amid Roman-ruin decor. One of the best Happy Hour menus.
- Jane’s Cafe on 3rd – If you love brunch then you will need to head to Jane’s Cafe as it is the premiere spot for all-day breakfast. I would recommend Eggs Benedict and the famous French Toast.
- Kunjani Craft Coffee & Gallery – One of our favorite coffee shops that have a hippie vibe. Not only can you sit and enjoy your coffee but also take in the art pieces in the gallery. Location: 780 Seagate Dr, Naples, FL 34103, USA
- Bad Ass Coffee – Coffeehouse chain serving Hawaiian roasts, including a 100% Kona brew, in a laid-back setting. Our go-to coffee spot in Old Naples.
- The Brick Coffee & Bar – Comfy hub for coffee drinks, lunch fare, beer & wine amid brick-lined walls & living room furniture.
Check out the best breakfast spots in Naples Florida
Attractions in Naples Florida
Many travelers visit Naples FL for the pristine beaches and water sports, but the town also has a diverse range of other activities! From parks with duck ponds and fishing piers to children’s museums, water parks, and endless shopping streets!
Naples Shopping Districts and Unique Boutiques
The shopping scene in Naples is huge, and you can’t go far without finding a shopping mall or a designer boutique. Some of the best shopping districts are found on 4th Avenue South and 3rd Street South. These areas also have loads of great restaurants and parks if you aren’t into shopping!
You can also head to Coastland Mall where you will find Macy’s, Lord and Taylor, and other brand names. At Waterside shops you will find Nordstrom, Saks, and high-end brands such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, just to name a few.
Naples Farmers Markets
Farmers Markets are a favorite amongst locals and tourists alike. There are several markets held throughout the week, but our favorite was the Third Street South Farmers Market which is held every Saturday morning!
Naples Pier and Historic Palm Cottage
The Naples Pier was built in 1888 and is one of the main attractions in Naples. Take a walk along the Pier admiring the views all around and versing yourself in Naples’ history. It’s the perfect place to watch the sunset, and you might even see some dolphins playing in the water.
Hit the Pristine Beaches in Naples
Naples has some of the most beautiful beaches. One of the main things that attract tourists to the paradise coast is the soft, white sandy beaches. It’s the perfect city to head to the nearest beach to sink your toes into the sand and let the salty sea air wash all your troubles away!
Naples Arts Scene
Naples has a vast art scene, with a community center that hosts many events you may want to check out. Artis-Naples is the best venue in town for fine arts exhibitions and live performances! ThreatreZone is a lovely small theater where you’re able to experience top-quality musicals and plays with a live orchestra.
Visit a Naples Museum
Naples has a variety of museums for a great educational day out. Some of our favorites were The Baker Museum, the Collier County Museum, Naples Depot Museum, and the Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples.
Naples Botanical Gardens
Naples Botanical Garden offers nature lovers a day filled with a wide variety of flora and fauna. The 170-acre nature sanctuary holds more than 1,000 species of plants happily existing throughout its nine tropical-themed gardens and incredible untouched 90-acre preserve!
Fun Things to do in Naples Florida
As we have discovered, there is a vast wilderness that swaddles the Naples area and offers opportunities to see amazing wildlife. With so many things to do in Florida, it can be hard to choose!
You can enjoy scenic outdoor adventures like hiking, biking, walking, nature photography and exploring. There are also fun watersport activities like boating, sailing, fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding, and swimming. Lastly, enjoy the comforts of a luxury resort or spa that caters to your every need!
This list of Naples Florida attractions and fun Naples Florida activities satisfies both the laid-back vacationer and the vigorous outdoor adventurer!
Visit Tin City
Tin City is a specialty shopping district in Naples, Florida. It is open-air, specializing in antiques and local handmade novelties. There are four separate buildings. You can buy food, antiques, clothes, seashells, candles, wine, mood rings, and much more.
Enjoy a Variety of Watersports
The pristine beaches and blue seas make Naples FL the perfect place for water-based activities, like those mentioned above! Try a Naples sunset tour or a Naples 3 hour bay tour.
Hike in Naples
The scenic landscape is the perfect place for outdoor adventures in the National Parks like hiking and walking. You may also spot some amazing birdlife on your outing!
Kayak the Mangroves
Kayaking the Mangroves is a fun Naples activity for active water-lovers and offers a great perspective of the blue waters and the Mangrove shores of Naples!
Catch the Beautiful Naples Sunset
Make sure to check when the sunsets as you don’t want to miss this miraculous show that Mother Nature will put on for you.
If you’re heading to Naples for a romantic luxury getaway, a cruise is a perfect way to watch the sunset on the idyllic waters with your loved one!
What To Do in Naples Florida with Kids
On top of all of the outdoor adventures, Naples attractions, and fun water sports, there are also some fun activities in Naples for kids that you won’t want to miss out on!
Manatee Sightseeing Eco-Tourism Tour Adventure
See the gentle giants of the sea in their natural habitat on this tour. Take a boat ride along the Florida waterways to spot some Naples wildlife. Alligators, dolphins, and all sorts of birds are known to frequent the areas. The manatees sometimes come right up to the boat for an extra special experience.
Lowdermilk Beach Park, Naples, FL
This park is the perfect kids’ playground. With a picturesque pond and a kids’ playground, as well as a volleyball court and fine white sand on the beachfront that the kids will love! One of my favorite Naples Beaches.
The Sun-N-Fun Lagoon is a water park that offers a wide range of fun-filled water-based activities, adventures, and rides for children and adults of all ages! With many swimming pools, a river, and an interactive squash playground!
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
This 13,000-acre wetland area in the Western Everglades is the perfect outing for exploring the great outdoors with all its amazing ecosystems and impressive forests and animals!
Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens
The Naples Zoo is fun for the whole family. You’ll find 70 species of exotic, beautiful animals surrounded by their natural habitats and stunning exotic plants!
Bird Gardens of Naples
The Bird Gardens are dedicated to the conservation of wild parrots in captivity. They offer an educational outing that looks after the birds in a safe environment with beautiful vegetation.
Day Trips From Naples Florida
We love exploring other parts of Florida and always take day trips from Naples. Naples also makes a great stop on a Southeast USA road trip.
Marco Island was our favorite Florida destination. Marco Island is approximately a 30-minute drive from Naples. Marco Island is much quieter than Naples and is surrounded by Goodland and the Isle of Carpi. South Public Beach is a great beach located at the end of the island. Y
ou will find some parking in a small parking lot. I like this beach as you will find a restaurant on the beach if you don’t feel like bringing food with you. There are also public washrooms located in the parking lot area. There is also the famous Tigertail Beach with a white-sand beach with a tidal lagoon, known for shorebirds & shells.
Ft. Myers Beach, Sanibel, and Captiva Islands
Ft. Myers is a great day trip from Naples. It is more lively than Naples and a favorite beach destination for the younger crowd. If you are looking for a laid-back island vibe, head to Sanibel and Captiva Islands. The beaches are stunning.
I would recommend visiting Key West either as a day trip with the Key West Express that runs daily from Ft. Myers to Key West in around 3 hours. There is also seasonal service from Marco Island. The express leaves early morning and arrives back in the evening. The perfect way to explore and eat your way through Key West. There are so many great things to do in Key West that you might consider staying one night.
The best way to see the Florida Everglades is to book some of the fun tours. Try the Everglades National Park Airboat Tour and Wildlife Show or the Everglades National Park Mangrove Tunnel Kayak Eco-Tour.
If you are a nature lover then you might consider some outdoor hikes. You can hike Big Cypress National Preserve, Fakahatchee Strand Preserve State Park, Shark Valley, and Seminole State Park. Check the Florida State Parks website to plan your visit.
On your way to the Everglades make sure to stop at the Smallest Post Office in the USA that is located in Ochopee. We drove past here several times but didn’t actually know that it is a working post office.
Fort Lauderdale and Miami
Take a day trip out to the East side of Florida, crossing Alligator Alley for a different Florida vibe. You can easily get to Fort Lauderdale in under two hours. To make it more enjoyable make a night of it and enjoy the nightlife in South Beach, Miami. We enjoy our stay at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale.
Final Thoughts on the Top Things To Do in Naples Florida
Naples, FL, is filled with a diverse range of activities and Naples attractions that make it a great holiday destination for adventurous outdoor lovers, romancing couples, vacationing families, foodies, and shopaholics!
There are so many Naples Florida things to do! The blue waters make it the perfect place for water-based activities, while the sandy beaches are great for relaxing and getting a tan. Or you can choose to enjoy a relaxing massage at your resort or spa for the perfect destressing break!
Whatever your vacationing preferences are, these are some of the best things you can do in Naples, Florida, on your next beach vacation!
Looking for more Florida travel inspiration? Check out these related posts!
- Breakfast Places in Naples
- Best Coffee Spots Naples Fl
- 5th Avenue Restaurants
- Guide to Driving from Miami to Key West
- Coast Restaurant at Edgewater Beach Hotel Naples, Fl
- 10 Reasons to Stay at the JW Marriott Marco Island, Fla
- The Seagate Hotel and Spa Delray Beach, FL
- The Marker Resort Key West Fl
Enjoyed reading Guide To The Best Things to do in Naples, Florida Pin it!