Since this is a post all about the ultimate quotes about traveling, let’s begin with one of the best, “Life is a voyage of discovery”. Since I began this adventure of seeing the world and sharing the amazing experiences I have, there have been many times when amazing travel sayings just capture the moment perfectly.
Whether you’re looking for travel inspiration or reminiscing about your last incredible trip, I’ve got a compiled list of the best travel quotes. From quotes about wanderlust to accompany your travel wish list, to travel adventure quotes that will have you booking the next flight to Croatia, there’s something for everyone.
Quotes About Travel
As I spend my life traveling across the world, I always seem to find the perfect travel quote to describe the stunning beaches I have visited or the ultimate adventure quotes to give me inspiration. Take a look at some of our picks for the top traveling quotes.
- “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
- “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” – Terry Pratchett
- “It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way.” – Penelope Riley
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.” – Anonymous
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “I want to make memories all over the world.” – Anonymous
- “Traveling is not something you’re good at. It’s something you do, like breathing.” – Gayle Foreman
- “To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” – David Hockney
- “Don’t quit your daydream.” – Anonymous
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It’s lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
- “I don’t care how long it takes me, but I’m going somewhere beautiful.” – Anonymous
- “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
- “There’s a sunrise and sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” – Jo Watson
- “This heart of mine was made to travel this world.” – Anonymous
- “The Impulse to Travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life.” – Agnes Repplier
- “Let’s find some beautiful place to get lost.” – Anonymous
- “Oh, the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
- “Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before.” – Dalai Lama
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it.” – Johnathan Winters
- The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
- “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
- “Travel has a way of stretching the mind.” – Ralph Crawshaw
- “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
- ”What if I fall? Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?” – Erin Hanson
- “Still around the corner, there may wait, a new road or a secret gate.” – J R R Tolkien
- ”Well, it’s all an adventure that comes with a breathtaking view.” – Benj Pasek/Justin Paul
- “I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth, then I ask myself the same question.” – Harun Yahya
- “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – Melody Truong
- “I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see.” – Carew Papritz
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
- “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
- “Surely, of all the wonders of the world, the horizon is the greatest.” – Freya Stark
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “I would rather own a little and see the world, than own the world and see a little of it.” – Anonymous
- “It is better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.” – Anonymous
- “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “See the world, it’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
Whether I spend the weekend at a luxurious resort or roughing it with a hike, every place I go leaves a lasting impression. This is true if you’re visiting somewhere far away or just outside of your own city. This is one of life’s quotes to remember and one that always inspires me to take in every moment.
This is one of the best quotes about traveling, because it makes you realize the beauty of your home. Every place we visit is incredible and has something special of its own, but getting back always gives us a newfound love for our home city of Toronto.
This is one of those famous travel quotes that couldn’t be any truer if it tried. As someone who shares my travel experiences, it can sometimes feel impossible to describe the beauty of a dusky pink palace in Europe or sun-kissed beach in Greece. Then, I remember the ornate walls or unbelievable rock formations and I feel as though I could write for days.
Sometimes quotes about traveling the world can feel very whimsical and romantic, but this one captures my experience with amazing accuracy. As someone who documents every moment of my travels (with the help of my husband), having the photographs helps keep each experience alive beyond my flight home.
Whether it’s a glossy pic worthy of Instagram or something grainy but personal, taking photos of your travels is the best thing you can do.
For most people, there’s an innate sense of wanting to see more, do more and experience more of the world. Whether you love a rustic adventure through the mountains or something more laid-back like a weekend in the Bahamas, I’ve compiled some of the best quotes about traveling the world for when you get a case of wanderlust.
Short but oh-so-sweet, this quote is one to remember. Whichever exciting trip fills your travel wish list is worth waiting for. One of my travel dreams has always been to visit every one of the sun-kissed Caribbean islands. Maybe this quote will inspire you to turn your Pinterest pins into a reality.
Every time we fly somewhere new, this quote is proven to be true once again. It doesn’t matter whether you travel for a living or go on holiday once a year, there is an unending list of dreamy destinations to enjoy.
Traveling is an investment that just keeps giving. Discover the atmosphere of a city as you walk its bustling streets, enjoy new flavors and dishes, and never get too busy to take in the views.
This is definitely one of the most inspirational travel quotes. It captures that feeling of wanderlust so well, and makes you see that no matter where you go, traveling is incredible in itself.
Whether you drink in the natural beauty of an island or enjoy a taste of luxury, experiencing someplace new is unforgettable. There’s nothing better than feeling the sand between your toes or almost losing your hat to the sea breeze.
This is one of those quotes about traveling the world that takes you down memory lane. It captures such a sense of excitement and promise, where you can only imagine the incredible destinations you’ll visit and people you’ll get to meet there.
Quotes About Exploring
If you’re a seasoned adventurer or someone looking to dip their toes in traveling, these quotes on exploring will inspire, motivate and give you the biggest case of itchy feet.
We never expected adventurous activities to feature on our travel resume, but then we discovered the fun of it. Now that we’ve been able to travel across the world, discovering new and exciting opportunities, this quote has become more and more true for us.
We’ve really been on an adventure (more than we ever thought), including hiking the incredible Sólheimajökull glacier in Iceland. Even if it’s not conquering your fear of heights or climbing a mountain, having a sense of adventure on your travels comes highly recommended.
Perhaps you’re not sure if you want to believe this quote because it means stepping out of your comfort zone. Even if a new adventure seems scary, they often end up being some of the best times of your life.
Swimming with sharks in Exuma filled me with nerves, but it was beyond amazing once I did it. Then, there’s the moment I’ll never forget – doing the CN Tower edge walk which truly took my breath away.
One of the best things about visiting a new corner of the world is discovering the colors that fill it. Every place is unique and beautiful with an endless variety of new food to try, new things to see and incredible views to discover.
Gazing out over a sun-speckled bay or watching the sunset over the treetops of a nearby forest is a sight that is so universal but incredibly personal at the same time.
Quotes About Seeing the World
Planning your next trip and looking for the perfect quote about seeing the world to get you excited? Whether you’re jetting off to the sun-touched islands in the Caribbean or getting the know the incredible canyons of the USA, take your pick from some of the best quotes on travel.
If this isn’t an inspirational travel quote, I don’t know what is. Being able to discover the world beyond your own town or city is one of life’s greatest joys. Whether it’s a weekend getaway to an incredible destination or a month-long trip through Europe, having the freedom to travel and find new cities to fall in love with is amazing.
If you’re looking for quotes to inspire you to get the most out of your travels, this is one of the best. While sharing the journey is amazing, remembering the little moments, personal memories and experiences you’ll carry over a lifetime is one of the best things about traveling.
Seeing the amazing wonders each place holds is unforgettable and it’s those memories that will stay with you forever.
Discovering a new part of the world is definitely better than anything bought in a store. We’ve had the incredible fortune of hiking past breathtaking Icelandic waterfalls, relaxing on the black sand beaches of Santorini, and taking a memorable hot air balloon ride over Arizona. Collecting each experience is far better than filling your house with things.
Conclusion to the Top Traveling Quotes
Isn’t it funny how the best quotes about travel also make the greatest life quotes? With every new place you visit or unbelievable experience you have, there’s a quote to capture the moment.
From nostalgic quotes that make you reflect to travel sayings that bring a burst of excitement to your day, planning the perfect trip needs a quote (or two) to match.