Experience Toronto’s Shangri La High Tea time. The Shangri La hotel is a luxury hotel located in the heart of Toronto. I have visited Bosk restaurant at the Shangri La hotel many times but just recently had the opportunity to experience the Shangri La High Tea. Although it wasn’t just any high tea, we enjoyed the Madame Clicquot’s Afternoon tea that included a glass of Veuve Clicquot.
I will never say no to a glass of bubbly. This makes the perfect girlfriend escape on a Friday afternoon or weekend. A tower of food goodies along with a glass of Veuve Clicquot Rose Champagne. Sounds like the perfect afternoon.
If you are taking the subway to the Shangri La is a 6-minute walk from Queen Street West on University Avenue. If you are driving, they offer valet parking for $20 for a maximum of 4 hours. There are additional charges if you stay longer.
Madame Clicquot’s Shangri La High Tea
Shangri La High Tea is served in the Lobby Lounge that is located right through the entrance and you will be seated in the lobby with beautiful two-story windows, a fireplace, and beautiful decor. The Madame Clicquot’s Champagne Afternoon Tea is served every Friday to Sunday from 1 pm – 5 pm in the Lobby Lounge.
Shangri La High Tea Price
Prices for high tea at Shangri La Toronto start from $88 + tax person. There are four different cocktail options to choose from:
- A glass of Prosecco or non-alcoholic Elder Flower Fizz Cocktail $88 + tax per person
- Veuve Clicquote Brut $102 + tax per person
- Veuve Clicquote Rosé $108 + tax person
Once you have ordered your cocktail choice it is time to go through the tea menu to decide what tea you want to enjoy during the Shangri La High Tea. You can choose from a variety of black teas, green and oolong teas, or herbal teas. My personal favourite was the Vanilla Rooibos. Here are some of the options to choose from:
Shangri La High Tea Options
- English Breakfast
- Earl Grey
- Last Horizon
- Lapsang Souchong
Green & Oolong Teas
- Imperial Tung Ting Oolong
- Vanilla Rooibos
- Mountain Berry
Madame Clicquot’s Afternoon Tea Menu
When the food arrived we thought that it wasn’t going to be enough food. Looks are deceiving! By the time we got to the desserts we were full. We couldn’t finish our desserts so we requested to take home a doggie bag.
- Wolfhead double smoked salmon with potato bread, confit garlic oil, crispy capers, and chives
- Free-range egg salad with Yorkshire pudding and alfalfa sprouts
- Open face cucumber on brioche, cider vinegar, dill sour cream, and paprika (my favorite)
- Matane Shrimp on pretzel bread, triple crunch mustard, zest and taragon
Fresh Baked Scones
- Champagne & Raisin Sonce
- Plain Scone
- Served with fresh preserves and Chantilly Cream
- Grapefruit Tart with almond cream, elderberry & toasted pistachios
- Tonka Bean Mouse with hazelnut and chocolate ganache
- Bergamot Macaron with apricot jam and Champage
- Rose and Peach Mouse with peach and cocoa butter
- Vanilla Profiterole with strawberry and Champagne Jam