Who doesn’t like donuts? Is there anything better than a freshly baked donut? Finding gluten-free donuts may be a bit of a struggle. I don’t know of too many dessert places that carry gluten-free donuts, I have tried to find shops that carry gluten-free donuts around me but haven’t had any success, so the next best option is to make them yourself.
These easy baked chocolate gluten-free donuts are not only delicious but super easy to make. They have the same consistency as a cake donut and are extremely easy to make. After the doughnuts came out of the oven, I dipped them in a simple glaze made of melted chocolate chips and coconut creme. This recipe has been modified from Bob’s Red Mill.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through these links earns us a commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you.
I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour as it was easy. I didn’t have to mix any other flours. This gluten-free flour blend can be used for many different recipes. This makes it great and easy for people with gluten sensitivities as well as people with celiac disease. You can make gluten-free cookies, cakes, biscuits and so much more with this flour.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES:
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- Greek Orange Pie
- Easy Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free)
- Gluten Free Bread Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour is a versatile gluten-free flour blend, without xanthan gum or guar gum. Great for a variety of gluten free baked goods!
Delicious Gluten-Free Donuts
Store leftover gluten-free donuts in a sealed container in the fridge for up to three days.
- SERVINGS 6 servings large donuts or 9 small donuts
- PREP TIME 10 minutes
- COOK TIME 10 minutes
Baked Gluten-Free Donuts Ingredients
- 1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Milk + 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (allow to sit for a few minutes to form a “buttermilk”)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 1 Egg
- Vegan Option – replace the egg with 1 tbsp of flax meal and 2 1/2 tbsp of water and stir. Let sit until it thickens
Gluten-Free Donuts Glaze
3 tablespoons coconut cream (place a can of coconut milk in the fridge – use the cream that rises to the top)
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate chips or chunks for a vegan option use dairy-free chocolate chips
Gluten-Free Donuts Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a donut pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside. You can find the donut pan on Amazon.ca or Amazon.com.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cocoa, coconut sugar, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar mixture, the egg and vanilla extract until well combined. Slowly pour in the coconut oil and whisk until the mixture is smoothed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Carefully spoon the batter into the donut pan. You can also scoop the batter into a zip lock bag and cut the tip off and pipe the batter into the donut pan. This was a lot easier. There should be enough batter for at least six gluten free donuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In a double boiler or a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut cream.
- Stir thoroughly until smooth. If using a microwave, heat in 10-15 second increments so you don’t burn the chocolate. Stirring each time.
- Carefully dip cooled gluten-free donuts into the glaze and return to the rack to dry. Add a baking sheet or foil under the tray to catch the chocolate drippings.
If you don’t have a donut pan, you could alternatively make small muffins from this gluten-free donut mix.
Do you love chocolate dipped donuts? What is your favorite flavor of donuts? Let me know if you try this recipe I would love to hear if you enjoyed it.
Save this Baked Gluten Free Donut Recipe for later. Please share it on social media using the share buttons below.