I have always wanted to make Italian Tiramisu but I thought it was a difficult dessert to make. After doing a bit of research, I realized that Tiramisu is actually very simple to make. I don’t think it gets any easier than this authentic Italian Tiramisu recipe. Just a handful of ingredients. This no-bake dessert can be whipped up in no time. Of course, I had to try to replicate my mother-in-law’s tiramisu recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing or booking through these links earns us a commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you.
TOP TRADITIONAL FOOD IN ITALY AND WHERE TO EAT IT
Easy Italian Tiramisu Recipe
Here is a step by step guide on how to make a Tiramisu. This traditional tiramisu recipe will be a favorite for the entire family.
Tiramisu Recipe Ingredients
- 300 grams Savoiardi Ladyfingers
- 500 grams (approx. 1 tub) of mascarpone cheese cream
- 4 medium eggs separated
- 100 g of white sugar
- 300 grams of coffee – preferably espresso
- 2 tablespoons of rum – this is optional but it will taste better
- 2 -3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- optional: shaved chocolate
Italian Tiramisu Recipe Instructions
1.– Start off by making coffee. Not just any coffee but espresso. We use our espresso machine for quick espressos. Once the coffee is made, add 2 Tbs of rum to the coffee and set aside to let it cook. The rum is optional but it gives it so much flavor.
2. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Try not to get any yolk in the egg whites.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. You can use a hand mixer (most ideal) or you can whisk by hand by be prepared for a workout! Whisk until the egg whites have stiff peaks.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the 100 grams of sugar until it is pale yellow color and smooth.
5. Once the sugar and egg yolks are fully combined, start adding the mascarpone cheese, whisking until fully combined.
6. Once the mascarpone cheese is combined with the egg yolks, add the stiffened egg whites.
7. With a wooden spoon, mix the egg whites into the cheese batter. Slowly folding from the bottom of the bowl to the top. Fold and mix slowly until it is combined and it is creamy and smooth.
8. Slightly dip the Savoiardi Ladyfingers one by one into the coffee/rum mixture. (Don’t over dip the cookies otherwise they will become soggy. I quickly dip and coat each side) and place them in a glass or ceramic pan lining them up to form the base.
9. Spread the mascarpone cream on top of the lady fingers base.
10. Add another layer of the dipped Savoiardi Lady Fingers.
11. Add the remainder of the mascarpone cheese to the final layer of ladyfingers. Smooth out the cream gently so it is evenly distributed.
12. Sprinkle the top of the tiramisu with sifted cocoa powder.
13. After sprinkling with cocoa powder, cover the tiramisu with a lid or saran wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving. The longer it sits in the fridge, the better it tastes. I would recommend leaving it in the fridge overnight letting the flavors combine.
14. Optional – add some shaved chocolate on top before serving.
How to Store Italian Tiramisu
The Italian Tiramisu can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days. I highly doubt it will last that long as it is so delicious. If you don’t think you can eat it within a couple of days, I would recommend freezing it for future use. You can freeze it for approximately 2 weeks.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES:
- How to Make Sourdough Starter – this is the sourdough starter I used to make this bread
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free) are easy to make and are great for people with nut allergies.
- Greek Orange Pie is so refreshing and takes me back to my time in Greece.
- Easy Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free) are super easy to make and are low carb and delicious.
- Baked Gluten Free Donuts are great when you are craving a donut without all the sugar and gluten.
- Gluten Free Bread Recipes there are 31 gluten-free bread recipes to help you start baking
- No Knead Sourdough Bread Recipe – the easiest bread recipe