Looking for a Cupavci recept? Čupavci are a Croatian version of the Australian Lamingtons. Cupavci dessert is a sponge cake that is dipped in a chocolate sauce and then tossed in shredded coconut. It is a delicious and super easy recipe to have on hand for when guests are coming by or for the holidays.
You will usually find Cupavci as a dessert during the holidays like Christmas and Easter. They are one of my favorite desserts and I always make sure to stack my plate high of these before they disappear. The original Lamington recipe tends to have a jam or chocolate filling. The Croatian version of Cupavci doesn’t typically have any filling, just the sponge cake.
Cupavci Recept – Lamingtons Recipe
Here is how to make Croatian Čupavci. These tasty treats are a European version of the famous Australian Lamingtons. Čupavci dessert is a sponge cake that is dipped in a chocolate sauce and then covered with shredded coconut.
Cupavci Recept Ingredients
Cupavci Sponge Cake Ingredients
- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 100 ml oil
- 100 ml milk
- 130 g all-purpose flour
- 10 g baking powder
- Pinch of salt
Cupavci Chocolate Sauce Ingredients
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 250 g butter
- 200 ml milk
- 300 grams desiccated coconut
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites and
- Wisk the egg whites until firm and foamy
- Mix the egg yolks, the oil, and the sugar, and slowly add in the flour, baking powder, and milk.
- Add a pinch of salt and gently stir in the egg whites using a spatula
- Pour the mixture in a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake in a heated oven (180°C/350°F) for 20 minutes
- Remove the sponge cake from the oven and let it cool for half an hour.
- Once cooled, cut the sponge cake into the same size pieces. Whatever shape you prefer, square, rectangle.
- In a small saucepan melt the chocolate with the butter and add the milk to make the chocolate sauce.
- Quickly dip all sides of the sponge cake cubes into the chocolate sauce, then roll them in the shredded coconut.
- Serve the Cupavci on a plate or store them in a container in the refridgerator.
How to Store Cupavci Recept
The cupavic will store well covered in a container in the refrigerator for probably a week, that is, if they can last that long. If you are looking to make a larger batch for the holidays, you can make a big batch and store them in the freezer and thaw them out prior to serving.
This is such an easy dessert that is great for entertaining. If you are in a rush and want to make the cupavic super quick, you can purchase an already made sponge cake to save time on baking your own from scratch. This is time-saving if you are in a rush and need a quick dessert that will impress.
This is one of my favourite desserts during special occasions and the holidays. I am always hoping to see the cupavci served at the dessert table.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES:
- Trofie al Pesto
- Pink Beet Hummus
- Vanillekipferl Recipe Christmas German Cookies
- Dalmatian Fig Tart
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken – pairs perfectly with this dessert
- Italian Tiramisu Recipe – this dessert will transport you to Italy
- How to Make Sourdough Starter – this is the sourdough starter I used to make this bread
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free) are easy to make and are great for people with nut allergies.
- Greek Orange Pie is so refreshing and takes me back to my time in Greece.
- Easy Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten-Free) are super easy to make and are low carb and delicious.
- Baked Gluten-Free Donuts are great when you are craving a donut without all the sugar and gluten.
- Gluten-Free Bread Recipes there are 31 gluten-free bread recipes to help you start baking
- No-Knead Sourdough Bread Recipe – the easiest bread recipe