I know what you’re thinking, avocado for dessert? Let me tell you, this vegan avocado chocolate mousse is delicious and you will not even know that it is made from avocados.
It does seem a bit odd to make a dessert recipe using avocados but it makes perfect sense for this vegan avocado chocolate mousse. Avocados are creamy and are perfect for a delicious, healthy mousse. When you add the cocoa and sweetener of choice, you won’t even taste the avocado. Most people can’t tell that the vegan chocolate mousse is made from avocados.
Avocados are not only delicious but have many health benefits. According to Medical News Today, Avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- Drops of stevia to taste or sugar to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- coconut milk or almond milk
- Chocolate nibs or shaved chocolate (optional)
Coconut Cream Ingredients
- 1 can coconut milk full fat
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 5-10 drops of stevia or sugar
Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse Instructions
Step 1: In a blender add the entire can of coconut milk plus 1 tsp of vanilla and around 5-10 drops of stevia or add sugar to taste. Place in a container and put it in the fridge while you are making the mouse.
Step 2: cut the avocados open and scoop out the pulp.
Step 3: place the scooped avocado pulp in a food processor or a strong blender.
Step 4: add the cocoa powder, vanilla, and sugar or stevia to taste. I would start with a little and keep tasting and add more accordingly.
Step 5: Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk or almond milk to start. Add more if needed. You want the mixture to have a whipped texture.
Step 6: Place vegan avocado chocolate mouse in a small service bowl or cup.
Step 7: Top the avocado chocolate mousse with coconut cream.
Step 8: Top the coconut cream with either chocolate nibs or shaved chocolate
Step 9: Put the dessert cups in the fridge and let sit at least one hour allowing the mouse and coconut cream to harden a bit.
Step 10: Remove from the refrigerator and enjoy your delicious vegan avocado chocolate mousse.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES:
- Trofie al Pesto
- Pink Beet Hummus
- Vanillekipferl Recipe Christmas German Cookies
- Dalmatian Fig Tart
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken – pairs perfectly with this dessert
- Italian Tiramisu Recipe – this dessert will transport you to Italy
- How to Make Sourdough Starter – this is the sourdough starter I used to make this bread
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free) are easy to make and are great for people with nut allergies.
- Greek Orange Pie is so refreshing and takes me back to my time in Greece.
- Easy Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten-Free) are super easy to make and are low carb and delicious.
- Baked Gluten-Free Donuts are great when you are craving a donut without all the sugar and gluten.
- Gluten-Free Bread Recipes there are 31 gluten-free bread recipes to help you start baking
- No-Knead Sourdough Bread Recipe – the easiest bread recipe